By amazing new fast HOVERCRAFT we will ride on the frozen Bothnia sea to Icebreaker Sampo ‘s cruise ! Remember to bring your camera!
The Icebreaker Sampo’s Cruise – our most popular tour!
The four hour cruise departs from the Port of Ajos in Kemi, located 11 kilometres south from the city centre of Kemi. The diesel Icebreaker Sampo runs at the northern Gulf of Bothnia in Finnish Lapland. This vessel is the first icebreaker in the world operating for tourists. After serving on Arctic waters, Icebreaker Sampo was given a new, more fascinating task – to offer remarkable experiences to eager winter adventurers.
During the cruise you will have a guided on-board tour visiting the vessel facilities from the captain’s bridge down to the engine room. A delicious lunch is served in the cozy Arctic Restaurant. The Icebreaker Sampo will stop for an hour while you have a unique chance to participate in an Arctic swimming event wearing a waterproof survival suit! At the end of the cruise the captain will award “The Sampo Cruise Certificate” to each cruise participant. This experience will be unforgettable!
The tourists will be pick up from their hotels and everyone gathers at launching pad at Mansikkanokka. On the way a treat basket is served. There’ s also a break for photographs. After Sampo cruise tourists are taken back to the hotel by taxi. It ‘ s available return HOVERCRAFT’s transportation with extra charge.The package is otherwise the same : the trip to Sampo is taken by car and the way back by HOVERCRAFT. The weather conditions are always taken into consideration.
Price: 690 Euros/person
Minimum: 4 persons
Maximum: 7 persons
Duration: 5 ,5 hours (which includes 4 hours- SAMPO’s cruise)
Distance max 20 km (HOVERCRAFT ride )
The price includes:
- HOVERCRAFT ride from Kemi
- Icebreaker Sampo cruise
- guided tour on the ship
- floating in the sea, survival suits provided
- please note(!) that for floating minimum height is 145 cm
- lunch buffet
- Sampo Icebreaker Certificate
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The reservations should be made in advance preferably 90 days before cruise. Sampo activity is very popular and many dates are fully booked 1 year before departure.
- for your reservations, please provide us with the following information for each participant: forename, surname, gender, nationality, and the date of birth.
- seats on the Icebreaker Sampo can be booked as a part of package, which includes the other activity or/and accommodation in Sea-Lapland area.
- Programs are organised with min. 4 attendants.
- You will be picked up by Taxari Travel guide from your hotel.
- Child discount on HOVERCRAFT programs is applicable for 3-11 year old children.
- Children get 40% off the prices.
- Safaris and excursions are guided in English/Finnish, other languages upon request
- You will be picked up by Taxari Travel guide from your hotel
- HOVERCRAFT are insured according to the Finnish Traffic Insurance Act.
- Personal travel insurance is recommended.
Due to safety reasons only about 15 tourists are allowed to go floating at the same time. Your personal floating time is noted in the tailored cruise timetable you will receive upon arrival. Floating event is voluntary but we highly recommend it for it is utterly unique experience.
Please note that for floating minimum height is 145 cm.
The cruise staff will help each client to dress up in the impermeable survival suit. Please remember: in the middle of the icy sea you be able only to float, but not to swim! The staff will be close to you at all times.
- HOVERCRAFT safaris are subject to change due to weather conditions. As a responsible safari organaiser Taxari Travel Agency Ltd reserves the right to change the routing, pricing and the duration of the excursions without prior announcement.
- All prices are quoted in Euros (€) and include Finland’s Value Added Tax.
- When the reservation is confirmed, proforma invoice will be charged. Reservation is confirmed when the payment is made.
- In case the deposit is not received in due date, we have the right to cancel the reservation.
Terms of payment
- 100% deposit to be charged when confirming the booking
- More than 91 days prior to arrival – 10% reservation fee to be charged.
- 90-61 days prior the arrival: 50% from the total amount to be charged
- Less than 60 days prior the arrival: 100% from the total amount to be charged