Dates: 23.1. – 9.4.2017
Region: Kemi – Tornio
ARRIVAL TO SEA LAPLAND AND DINNER AT SNOWCASTLE
- Arrival to Kemi Airport and welcome by our guide
- Transfer to Hotel Merihovi/Hotel Cumulus, situated in the city centre
- Check in
- Let’s get ready for the dinner in Snow Castle! We will have a guided tour of the Snow Castle to discover this great architectural snow building.
- 3.Course dinner at SnowCastle
- Overnight in Hotel
VISIT TO ROVANIEMI AND MEET THE REAL SANTA
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Visit to Rovaniemi
- Transfer to Rovaniemi (115 km)
- Welcome to Santa Claus Village, situated in Rovaniemi on the Arctic Circle. We will discover the residence of Santa and his official post office. You can send your post cards from there. When we cross the Arctic Circle we will receive a diploma. Lunch break in the restaurant of the village. Then, visit of the Arktikum museum close to city centre of Rovaniemi. Way back to Kemi at the end of the day.
- Duration: Around 7 h (includes: transfer way and back).
VISIT TO REINDEER CAMP AND BREAKING THE ICE WITH SAMPO ICEBREAKER
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Snowmobile safari to Sampo Icebreaker incl. cruise and visit to reindeer camp
- Our most popular safari takes you through the beautiful frozen sea to a small reindeer camp. At the camp we´ll have a stop where you will hear about the lappish reindeer herding and the life of the reindeer. You can also try driving a reindeer pulled sleigh. Delicious sandwiches and coffee are served in a traditional lappish teepee called kota. After the stop the snowmobile safari continues towards the Icebreaker Sampo that is anchored in the middle of the frozen sea. We will get onboard and the crew will tell us about how the ship functions from the captain’s conning to the engine room. We’ll witness how the ice that can be up to one meter thick, breaks on the sides of the ship. We will also try winter swimming safely wearing special warm dry suites, and have a meal in the cosy restaurant of Sampo. After the cruise we will continue the snowmobile safari back to Kemi.
- Breakfast at Hotel
- Transfer to Airport
Price from 1311 euros/person
TERMS & CONDITIONS TAXARI TRAVEL AGENCY LTD 2016-2017 – INDIVIDUALS
Taxari Travel Agency Ltd reserves the right to change the prices in case of unforeseen increases in costs (including but not limited to taxes, fuel prices etc.) beyond the control of Taxari Travel LTD. The given prices include VAT according to the Taxation Laws and Regulations of Finland. Taxari Travel Agency Ltd uses subcontractors in transfer and safari services.
All snowmobiles used in the safaris are insured as required by the Finnish law and the coverage is subject to the above mentioned Motor Liability Insurance terms and conditions. Under the provisions, any person suffering bodily injuries is entitled to receive compensation for the cost of medical treatment, pain and suffering, and handicap, in accordance with the terms and conditions of Motor Liability Insurance and laws and regulations of Finland. Compensations are based on tariffs in accordance with laws and regulations of Finland and orders of the Finnish authorities. If an injured party has willfully or out of gross negligence caused his/her own injury, the injured party is not entitled to compensation.
As the responsible safari organizer, Taxari Travel Agency Ltd. or it´s subcontractors reserves the right to change the routing, schedules and duration of the excursions if necessary, due to prevailing weather conditions, or if deemed advisable due to safety reasons and the comfort of the participants. Taxari Travel Agency Ltd. also reserves the right to discontinue the safari if a participant is seen as a potential danger to him/herself or to others, or is in poor health.
Taxari Travel Agency Ltd may only be held liable for personal injuries or material damage arising from accidents that have happened during the delivery of the offered services and which are caused by negligence of Taxari Travel Agency Ltd or its employees or sub-contractors or by the provision of faulty equipment. Taxari Travel Agency Ltd is not liable for any accidental damage or injury which has to be indemnified under the travel insurance of a customer. Personal travel insurance is always highly recommended.
Program services can be physically demanding (snowmobiles, sledges, swimming amongst the ice etc.) and the participants may be exposed to vibrations. If the Consumer is having any type of health problems, including but not limited to, heart disease, back problems or similar, or if Consumer is pregnant, she/he should contact prior the participation the medical experts to make sure whether the medical experts consider him/her to be able or not to participate. It´s the responsibility of the Consumer to consult Taxari Travel Agency Ltd. whether he/she is capable to participate on health or any other point of view.
Confirmation and payment:
Reservation is considered confirmed when the payment is received by Taxari Travel Agency Ltd. 100% from the total amount is due 90 days prior to arrival. In case the payment is not received by the due date, we withhold the right to cancel the reservation.
For reservations under 50 € and invoices sent via mail, a 10 € invoicing fee will be charged.
A bank payment fee of 5 € is charged, if the customer wishes to pay via bank account.
Cancellation of the reservation:
90 – 45 days prior to arrival – 10% from the total amount / person to be charged.
44 – 21 days prior to arrival – 50% from the total amount / person to be charged.
20 – 0 days prior to arrival – 100% from the total amount /person to be charged.
All cancellations / changes / re-confirmations must be made in writing and dated (fax or e-mail), within the office hours in Finland (8-16, +2 GMT). Changes later than 20 days prior to customer’s arrival: Taxari Travel Agency Ltd. withholds the right to charge extra cost for all changes.
Child 0-3 years: free of charge
Child 4-11 years: -40 %
Some services do not have child rates. This will be mentioned in the service description.
Passenger / rooming information
To be sent to our office 45 days prior to the arrival. Necessary information: full name, gender, day of birth (dd.mm.yyyy) and nationality.
Taxari Travel Agency Ltd withholds the right:
– to change the timetables / contents of the Icebreaker Cruises due to ice or weather conditions or similar reasons
– to cancel a Cruise in case of lack of appropriate amount of passenger reservations. Such cancellation must be communicated to the client min 28 days prior to the scheduled departure.
– to charge extra fee ( 50 € / reservation) of tailor made packages
The SnowCastle and Icebreaker Cruise services are subject to weather permitting. Neither Party small be held liable for any default, damage or loss due to a Force majeure condition or any other unreasonable impairment of the Party operations due to a similar cause (including but not limited to war, strike, weather, lack of snow and ice, or other natural conditions).
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction:
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Finnish Law.
The Finnish Courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, controversy or claim related to such a demand. The District Court of Kemi-Tornio (in Finnish: Kemi-Tornion käräjäoikeus), placed in Kemi, shall be the court of first instance. Severability if any part, term or provision of these terms and conditions are partly or wholly held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of other provisions, extent part and remainder of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.