Opening on 22.1.2017.
Sleeping overnight at the SnowHotel will surely give you one of the most unique arctic experiences. All rooms (superior and suite) are made completely of snow, beautifully lighted and decorated. Difference between suite and superior room is size and decorations. A comfortable, normal bed with a white sheet and lamb skin cover, awaits every visitor in the room; a pillow, a fleece sheet, and a sleeping bag designed for arctic conditions, will be laid on the bed just before bed-time. The SnowHotel, accommodates both individuals and groups.
The temperature in the SnowCastle room is about -5 degrees Celsius, regardless of the weather outside. When you are ready to retire to your room for sleeping, the personnel will instruct you of the proper procedures as to how to prepare for sleeping in these unique circumstances. A ski cap is necessary, long underwear and dry socks; your outer garment you’ll fold under your sleeping bag – and you will sleep like a baby, breathing in fresh air in a room quieted by thick snow-walls!
All necessary equipment will be provided to you in order that you enjoy a great night. Overnight in the SnowCastle, breakfast in the warm restaurant area, overnight guiding and SnowCastle Diploma.Our staff at your service 24 h, you can also book a Northern Lights alert!
The Cafe and the Souvenir-shop in the CastleLounge are also open for the daily visitor and add a pleasant experience for the visit in the SnowCastle. You will have lockers with keys for your luggage in the CastleLounge. We recommend that you take only the most necessary personal things / equipment with you into your room in the SnowHotel.
The 22th of January – the 9th of April 2017
Superior double room – 155 EUR / person / night
Suite (1-2 persons) – 350 EUR/ room / night
Single supplement – 55 EUR
Extra bed – 85 EUR
Instructions to guests of the SnowHotel
- Check-in possible from 10 a.m., rooms available at 7 p.m. after the SnowCastle closes. Usually the time to go the rooms for the night is about 21-22. Check-out next morning before 10 a.m.
- Before 10 a.m. and after 6 p.m. client visiting hotel and restaurant will use hotel gate, which is situated next to the Castle Lounge. By ringing the door bell staff will open the gate.
- Toilets are located to the warm Castle Lounge.
- Breakfast is served in the Castle Lounge from 07.00-09.00 a.m.
- Morning shower for hotel guests is included. Towels provided.
- SnowRestaurant serves daily. Please note that lunch and dinner reservation need to be done in advance.
Useful information about SnowHotel
- Constructions are made of snow. Temperature inside the hotel room and restaurant is -5ºC, regardless of temperature outside. Proper winter clothing is needed also during the meal.
- Sleeping bags are suitable for arctic conditions and they include convertible fleece thermal linen.
- Recommended clothing during the overnight: ski cap or hat, socks, long underwear.
- When going to sleep, place your outer wear between the sleeping bag and the bed. Your body heat keeps them warm and you will feel comfortable getting dressed in the morning.
- Luggage storage is provided in the Castle Lounge. Bring only necessary things to the room, please note that rooms are open to the public during opening hours!
- Guests coming outside of Finland need their passport for filling up accommodation cards.
- Smoking in rooms, Olokolos and in restaurant is forbidden. The SnowHotel is equipped with smoke detectors. In case of alert, signal can be heard all over the SnowCastle.
- Corridors and exits are marked with signs and safety lightning.
- The hotel is being checked for safety and repaired if necessary throughout the season.